Kit done!

Huntsman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
287   0   0
Ordered kit from W.S.S. just after New Yrs, started about a week later. I took my time with each piece of metal (trigger guard took the longest). Sanded and shaped the wood, a few coats of stain and 6 coats of True Oil, browned the bbl and rest of steel parts. Finished the assembly today.
I present my newest addition to my black powder collection the Lyman .54cal Plains Pistol;
IMG00726-20120113-1613.jpg
[/IMG]
P1290754.jpg
[/IMG]
P1290755.jpg
[/IMG]
Pistol with .54 GPR kit I built in 2009
P1290756.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Looks awesome, congrats on the good work. Are you part of any reenactment group? If so please post some pics.
 
Looks awesome, congrats on the good work. Are you part of any reenactment group? If so please post some pics.

Nope just a bp shooter :)
The antler powder measure I made, 30grs for pistol and an 80 for GPR.
Knife I built from a Camillus blade (ex GI fighting knife I found in Ft Yakima 1992 Gun Camp) and wt deer shed. Balls were hand cast. I like to make most of my own stuff.
Thank you for the nice compliments :)
 
Yes they are.
I think what 'mooncoon' is referring to is carrying one whilst attending a rendevous or reenactment in either ones belt or sash.

In this neck of the woods we have black powder trails associated with our fish and game clubs or gun clubs and usually have two sets of targets; one for rifle and one for pistol. Of recent there has been a third category of targets which are squirrel targets and intended for rifles 40 caliber and under. All shooting is out of the possibles bag

cheers mooncoon
 
In this neck of the woods we have black powder trails associated with our fish and game clubs or gun clubs and usually have two sets of targets; one for rifle and one for pistol. Of recent there has been a third category of targets which are squirrel targets and intended for rifles 40 caliber and under. All shooting is out of the possibles bag

cheers mooncoon

Must be nice mooncoon to have such a club to offer that. The club here you can't use a holster, period! So the "belt hook" on my Plains pistol is just for show. The kit does however come with a replacement "lock bushing" if you don't want the belt hook.
 
Not too sure, this is my 1st year here. I've been shooting at the base (CFB Borden) club. But a work mate mentioned that there's a black powder shoot every Friday nite at the Burlington gun club.
 
Nice work, Huntsman! did the lock plate come with the case-color finish or did you DIY? If DIY then please share with us your process for getting that nice finish. Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom