Knee-Gun O/U

jpc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
692   0   0
Eastern Blunderbuss that has seen a lot of action.
She's an interesting and unusual Over/Under with sliding pan (load once & #### twice) and a roller frizzen. A lot of good workmanship went into this one.

Originally made to shoot while mounted on your horse. Your rammer was tethered around your neck :)

Barrel 13 1/2” Octagon to round with one wedding band
Bore .625” approx. and flairs to 1 1/8”
Overall length 25 3/4”
Metal and wood adorned with silver

The lock has been posted earlier under
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1717545-Interesting-Lock


take care

jpc

Knee Double 2018 018.jpgKnee Double 2018 027.jpgKnee Double 2018 019.jpgKnee Double 2018 028.jpgKnee Double 2018 029.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Knee Double 2018 018.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 018.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 384
  • Knee Double 2018 027.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 027.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Knee Double 2018 019.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 019.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 386
  • Knee Double 2018 028.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 028.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Knee Double 2018 029.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 029.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 385
ingenious lock; I wonder if the lower pan results in hangfires because I suspect there has to be powder in the hole leading down to the lower barrel. Also impressive how much time must have been put into all of the wire inlay

cheers mooncoon
 
The pan hole is a little larger than the vent hole, but when you are going full gallop I double you would be able to get much powder down there ☺
 
Last edited:
I used to gallop Thoroughbreds at Woodbine. I could ride around back then backwards if I had too. Shooting a shotgun like this on horse back would have been so much fun.... I tried taking out a old showjumper of mine to teach him to get used to shooting a Ruger Air Hawk. It was a mess, Air rifle was too big, break action and loading was a pain in the but and the horse I was on was the jittery sort which made it hard to load and shoot while holding steady. I used to hack (riding) a lot through the woods out back especially in the winter/spring to build muscle/bone density at low intensity and I always wished I could have had either a old style Reflex Bow or short carbine to carry.

Full gallop would be very difficult to shoot anything accurately however with a horse that got used to the sound and carrying of a large item in your hands I dare say if I had to do it again I could probably have had car sized accuracy at say 100m with a SKS.

Beautiful Shotgun!
 
Had some requests for pictures of the silver work. Here are a couple showing top and bottom barrels

take care and thanks for the interest

jpc

Knee Double 2018 024.jpg☺☺☺Knee Double 2018 032.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Knee Double 2018 024.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 024.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Knee Double 2018 032.jpg
    Knee Double 2018 032.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom