Knight rifles in Canada

happytrout23

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
BC
I can't seem to find any companys that carry Knight muzzleloaders in Canada. I know I could import one but that'll cost a extra few hundred bucks that I could spend on a scope. Anyone know a canadain company that has them ?
 
I understand Knight went broke and closed up shop a year or so ago...

From a little research, they did close the doors in 2009 and they reopened in 2011

http: //outdoorswithothmarvohringer.########.com/2009/06/knight-rifles-closes-doors.html

and here is the auction notice for their machinery

http://w ww.machinetools.com/us/auctions/view/452

Knight Rifles back in business
http://w ww.americanhunter.org/ArticlePage.aspx?id=2540&cid=57

http://w ww.americanhunter.org/articles/return-knight-rifles/
 
HappyTrout:

I'm heading to the SHOT Show in Vegas in Jan. I'll stop in and ask them who their dealers are in Canada!!!

I was looking at one myself!!

PM later if I forget to respond back to this post!!

Later

awesome looking forward to wearing from you in jan. have fun at the show
 
3xw.knightrifles.com

They returned to there roots (the disc rifle and minor variants there unto). You'll have to pry my original 209 disc from my cold dead hands.
 
Happytrout:

Ok.........I finally got home tonight and had a chance to get to the computer!!!

I had a lengthy chat with the Boys from Knight Rifles, Seems they have a lot of requests for their rifles up here in Canada.....go figure!!!

They are working on their export permits as we speak!!! They are expecting to have their rifle into distributors hands later this year!!??

I actually ordered a rifle from them and I am having Prophet River import it for me...............they will be shipping to the FFL next week.......so if you need one sooner than later, call Knight and order, then call Prophet river and have the Guys and Gals their help you with the import!!!

As for the quality of the rifles......All parst are manufactured in the U.S.A. They are using green mountain barrels and they have 3 options for the ignition system!!!

1. the old percussion cap (leagal in the Nothwestern states where an open ignition system is required by law)

2.the original disc......which is a great idea and they areselling lots of the discs according to Knight

3. the new style of 209 ignition system. The 209 primer is inserted into the bolt of the rifle and as the bolt is pushed forward the primer is inserted into the "stem" of the breech bolt, then as the bolt handle is lowered the entire ignition system is completely enclosed and shielded from the element!!!

The trigger is fully adjustable and they are using Easton Aluminum Ram Rods....which are very high quality rods!!

The barrels are 27" fluted and they are guaranted 4" groups @ 200 yards with suggested loads. I asked and they said most shooters will be able to accomplish this with little effort and many will be able to shoot the rifles better than that!!!


Hope this helps and ask away if you have anymore questions!!!

When I ordered my rifle I went with the 3rd option.... too simple, excellent design, the primer completes the seal system and the gases if any come back go down and away from the shooter....awsome design.

Later
aparo
 
Happytrout:

Ok.........I finally got home tonight and had a chance to get to the computer!!!

I had a lengthy chat with the Boys from Knight Rifles, Seems they have a lot of requests for their rifles up here in Canada.....go figure!!!

They are working on their export permits as we speak!!! They are expecting to have their rifle into distributors hands later this year!!??

I actually ordered a rifle from them and I am having Prophet River import it for me...............they will be shipping to the FFL next week.......so if you need one sooner than later, call Knight and order, then call Prophet river and have the Guys and Gals their help you with the import!!!

As for the quality of the rifles......All parst are manufactured in the U.S.A. They are using green mountain barrels and they have 3 options for the ignition system!!!

1. the old percussion cap (leagal in the Nothwestern states where an open ignition system is required by law)

2.the original disc......which is a great idea and they areselling lots of the discs according to Knight

3. the new style of 209 ignition system. The 209 primer is inserted into the bolt of the rifle and as the bolt is pushed forward the primer is inserted into the "stem" of the breech bolt, then as the bolt handle is lowered the entire ignition system is completely enclosed and shielded from the element!!!

The trigger is fully adjustable and they are using Easton Aluminum Ram Rods....which are very high quality rods!!

The barrels are 27" fluted and they are guaranted 4" groups @ 200 yards with suggested loads. I asked and they said most shooters will be able to accomplish this with little effort and many will be able to shoot the rifles better than that!!!


Hope this helps and ask away if you have anymore questions!!!

When I ordered my rifle I went with the 3rd option.... too simple, excellent design, the primer completes the seal system and the gases if any come back go down and away from the shooter....awsome design.

Later
aparo


Ok can clarify something for me. I thought Muzzleloaders were exempt from import laws and did not require a permit. Is Prophet charging you a fee to bring the smokepole in. I called the US and that is what a custom officers told me. Am I missing something.
 
Quote "When I ordered my rifle I went with the 3rd option.... too simple, excellent design, the primer completes the seal system and the gases if any come back go down and away from the shooter....awsome design." Quote

They are just catching on to this "sealed breech" idea now??? Seems Knight is still behind the smoke pole leaders......TC.....CVA...and Traditions.
I agree, the Green Mountain bbl's are superb but that "great" utilisation has'nt changed much since the Knight inception.
my .02 cents
 
They are just catching on to this "sealed breech" idea now??? Seems Knight is still behind the smoke pole leaders......TC.....CVA...and Traditions.
I agree, the Green Mountain bbl's are superb but that "great" utilisation has'nt changed much since the Knight inception.
my .02 cents

They tried - radically. They went the "revolution" route, and it sunk their ship as it was an overcomplicated POS. I don't think that they will ever be the industry giant they once were. Between the game of "catch-up" from their re-org, and the innovations by TC (mimicked by Traditions and CVA) they have a long road ahead.
 
Last edited:
Happytrout:

Ok.........I finally got home tonight and had a chance to get to the computer!!!

I had a lengthy chat with the Boys from Knight Rifles, Seems they have a lot of requests for their rifles up here in Canada.....go figure!!!

They are working on their export permits as we speak!!! They are expecting to have their rifle into distributors hands later this year!!??

I actually ordered a rifle from them and I am having Prophet River import it for me...............they will be shipping to the FFL next week.......so if you need one sooner than later, call Knight and order, then call Prophet river and have the Guys and Gals their help you with the import!!!

As for the quality of the rifles......All parst are manufactured in the U.S.A. They are using green mountain barrels and they have 3 options for the ignition system!!!

1. the old percussion cap (leagal in the Nothwestern states where an open ignition system is required by law)

2.the original disc......which is a great idea and they areselling lots of the discs according to Knight

3. the new style of 209 ignition system. The 209 primer is inserted into the bolt of the rifle and as the bolt is pushed forward the primer is inserted into the "stem" of the breech bolt, then as the bolt handle is lowered the entire ignition system is completely enclosed and shielded from the element!!!

The trigger is fully adjustable and they are using Easton Aluminum Ram Rods....which are very high quality rods!!

The barrels are 27" fluted and they are guaranted 4" groups @ 200 yards with suggested loads. I asked and they said most shooters will be able to accomplish this with little effort and many will be able to shoot the rifles better than that!!!


Hope this helps and ask away if you have anymore questions!!!

When I ordered my rifle I went with the 3rd option.... too simple, excellent design, the primer completes the seal system and the gases if any come back go down and away from the shooter....awsome design.

Later
aparo

Thanks a lot man. I'll probly wait till they brying some up so I can get a hands on look. would love to see a review and pics when you get yours
 
Fit and finish are excellent. The thumbhole green camo laminate stock that I ordered fit very well and it felt like an actual rifle. Raise in comb at stock was very good for irons or scope.....the rifle comes with fibre optic iron sights, drilled and tapped for scope base.

You will get what you pay for in these new Knight rifles!!!! they balance very well......between your hands when in shooting position!!!

When I get mine I'll post pics and range reports!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom