Knight vs Savage

deertroy

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Location
Nova Scotia
I've never owned a muzzleloader but due to increased hunting opportunity I'm looking to purchase a new muzzleloader for hunting deer. I've narrowed my decision to a Savage 10MLII or a Knight Mountaineer Extreme. I'd probably prefer the Savage but it's no longer available in stainless.
Any thoughts on these two?
 
I had both in my gun safe at the same time. The smokeless is SUPER convenient and can really puts out the FPS, but the Knight always shot tighter groups for me. Don't get hung up on stainless as it is just window dressing. Both are outstanding but I sold the Savage to fund another project as they are very easy to liquidate.
 
I got this from a fellow CGN member. Looking forward to getting it scoped up and to the range!

Pro1_zps9096c47e.jpg
 
Beautiful looking gun deertroy. I was looking for a good used Savage ML as well. but eventually went with a new CVA Accura MR which was a couple hundred less. The ability to use smokeless is a huge advantage. I think there will be lots of new muzzleloader hunters in Nova Scotia this season, my bow might be getting a rest for the first time in 10+ years.......
 
Back
Top Bottom