Kynoch Smokeless .577-.450 Martini Henry Ammo

I have 2 boxes of this ammo but they are factory loaded with Black Powder. Recently fired a couple rounds and they shot really well. There is a cardboard liner in the case - probably to take up some of the huge space. Berdan primed.
 
Most opinions on smokeless in that huge case are "Dont"!
I have shot smokeless in my Mk3, but it was some old Dupont Smokeless Bulk Shotgun Powder, an early smokeless that loaded by volume with black.
Long obsolete and unavailable.
Not sure about Blackhorn, but hellish expensive.
Join the Martini-Henry Forum and ask there...keep your head down, I expect.
they are: http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Martini-Henry-Forum
 
the "smokeless" .577-450 is generally not smokeless its cordite old cordite and British primers are always a pain in the rear. with this ammo from what I heard it was a lot of hang fires if it fired at all most of the cases split
 
Back
Top Bottom