Lake City 5.56 lot 7 m193

butane

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 93%
53   4   0
Just wondering if you guys are familiar with this ammo? A guy i know is selling it for $600.00 for 980 rounds. Is it worth that amount for 5.56?

Thanks for any info.
 
Thanks for the quick replys. Good to know there is 5.56 ammo out there, ive been having a hard time locating it lately. Lots of 223 but not much surplus.
 
556 Lake city

if I'm not mistaken and I have shot Lake city ammo before there is a crimp on the primer which I had to ream out before I could reload it . a real pain in the butt. and it is a little pricey. I would rather buy the American Eagle off Henry and not have to deal with the extra work .
 
It should be noted that m193 5.56 ammo is #1 military grade....XM193 (or xm855) is what the military considers 2nd grade ammo, as in, it has minor blemish's that in no way affects the performance of the ammo (I guess the military believes that unblemished ammo shoots better)...Most 5.56 sold in Canada is xm stuff and as such, will be (should be) cheaper than the `M`stuff.....
 
UHHHHH MAYBE your right BUT
It should be noted that m193 5.56 ammo is #1 military grade....XM193 (or xm855) is what the military considers 2nd grade ammo, as in, it has minor blemish's that in no way affects the performance of the ammo (I guess the military believes that unblemished ammo shoots better)...Most 5.56 sold in Canada is xm stuff and as such, will be (should be) cheaper than the `M`stuff.....


BUT this one is the real reason----->
That's because 5.56 is a military chambering and there is no "just plain 5.56". There are specific rounds for different purposes for one, and the other is that President Clinton made it illegal to sell straight surplus 5.56 ball ammo to civilians.

So, you get weird names to get around that law. XM193 for example. That is plain old ball 5.56 which the military would call M193 but Olin has to add the X to make it not "surplus". It may be made from surplus components, but they can't sell the complete loaded M193 rounds any longer. So, take some leftover components, made on the same machines, but with a different name and it's not "surplus" any more.

It's a circle with no end.
 
Is the add talked about the one in your signature? If so, I must be blind also...don't see it. If not, could I enquire where the ad might be?

From above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZZ
I must be confused becasue I do not see this ammo listed in your add.

Where is it listed??

Down near the bottom of the Ad.
Regards, Henry

Budget Priced Rifle Bullets,Brass, Primers, Powder & Tools. Lot's of Stock, Great Prices!!

Having Trouble Finding Something?? Just PM for a Quote

Federal American Eagle .223 55gr FMJBT Bulk Pak Ammo now in $42.00/100 box $420.00/1000

Surplus Czech 7.62X39 Ammo now in $190.00/1200/crate $2.00/10/bx

Surplus Czech .308 Win Ammo now in !!! $550.00/1060 Crate $11.00/20/box

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=554894
 
Sorry .... but i think i must be blind also. The add states Federal American Eagle 223 55gr. That is not 5.56 unless that is a typo.
 
5.56 and 223 are the same? Wow all this debate on the internet and the ammo oracle must be wrong.. Thanks for CLEARING this up for me!! i could have swore the there was some differences. :ban:
 
5.56 and 223 are the same? Wow all this debate on the internet and the ammo oracle must be wrong.. Thanks for CLEARING this up for me!! i could have swore the there was some differences. :ban:

What type of barrel is on your rifle?

You should know that you have more freebore in a barrel marked 5.56 instead of .223 Rem.

You should then also know that you can safely fire .223 Rem in a barrel marked 5.56, but it is better not to shoot an excess of 5.56 in a barrel marked .223 Rem....if the ammo is imported.

So, I ask you again, what type of barrel do you have on your rifle?
 
What barrel i have makes no difference . But its an LMT 5.56 marked barrel. Im well aware i can shoot 223 in it, but that does not mean there is no difference in 223 and 5.56. If there is no difference in the ammo like you say then why are barrels marked differently?
 
Back
Top Bottom