lake city ammo

Lake City was a plant that made brass and loaded ammo, not a commercial/retail brand I ammo. I assume your referring to 556? Lots of Federal I have shot has been late 2000 LC headstamp with NATO cross.
 
The US government will not allow the export of military grade ammo to Canada for civilian use, they did at one point but not any more. Now to get factory loaded Lake City ammo(by Federal, and it is made in many calibres) you need to be pretty lucky. I got some last year by a stroke of luck because supposedly a LE agency in Canada had bought too much so the distributer sold it to a dealer. It is 5.56 M193 Ball and I believe it has an 08 headstamp. I'll sell you some if you want but considering how rare it is it is pretty pricey. Also I believe budget shooter supply(sponsor) sells lake city brass and projectiles if you want to use them for reloading.
 
The US government will not allow the export of military grade ammo to Canada for civilian use, they did at one point but not any more. Now to get factory loaded Lake City ammo(by Federal, and it is made in many calibres) you need to be pretty lucky. I got some last year by a stroke of luck because supposedly a LE agency in Canada had bought too much so the distributer sold it to a dealer. It is 5.56 M193 Ball and I believe it has an 08 headstamp. I'll sell you some if you want but considering how rare it is it is pretty pricey. Also I believe budget shooter supply(sponsor) sells lake city brass and projectiles if you want to use them for reloading.

AE,FE,LC Same company sir. and trust me left over LC brass,bullets even loaded ammo is sold to civilians how? listen to this:
federal takes the left overs from LC and adds the letter X to the M that way they can sell to civis. so M193s become XM193s now this way they have no issue selling to civis
have a good day
also OP what cal do you require?
they make all sorts of cals 30-06 x51 .50 5.56
 
At times you get lucky and when buying AE bulk you end up with LC stamped brass, great for reloading.
 
I have been testing Lapua, IVI, and Lake City brass in my 308 SSG69 with ZFM-6x scope.
All of the loads were tested at 2550 fps. 1/2 grain fluctuation in differing brass using Varget to match the Lake city match round. All were using the Berger 175 VLD. and Varget powder. tested 20 rounds of each in 5 round groups. Lapua held the tighter groups at 200 and 300 yds and matched the IVI at 500 and 600 yds. IVI was decent at all the ranges shot at which were 200,300,500,and 600 yds. The lake city was equal to the IVI at 200-300 but was better than both the IVI and the Lapua at 500-600. Tempurature was at 34F with a 90 degree wind at 4-5 mph. Barrel was allowed to cool by fan. Strings were shot in 2 min. for each 5 rounds. Barrel cleaned after each 20 round group of brass, with 2 fowlers fired after cleaning. This allowed me to fire form for my chamber some new brass.
The Lapua annealed fairly easy, IVI takes a little longer and the Lake City takes the longest.
 
I have been testing Lapua, IVI, and Lake City brass in my 308 SSG69 with ZFM-6x scope.
All of the loads were tested at 2550 fps. 1/2 grain fluctuation in differing brass using Varget to match the Lake city match round. All were using the Berger 175 VLD. and Varget powder. tested 20 rounds of each in 5 round groups. Lapua held the tighter groups at 200 and 300 yds and matched the IVI at 500 and 600 yds. IVI was decent at all the ranges shot at which were 200,300,500,and 600 yds. The lake city was equal to the IVI at 200-300 but was better than both the IVI and the Lapua at 500-600. Tempurature was at 34F with a 90 degree wind at 4-5 mph. Barrel was allowed to cool by fan. Strings were shot in 2 min. for each 5 rounds. Barrel cleaned after each 20 round group of brass, with 2 fowlers fired after cleaning. This allowed me to fire form for my chamber some new brass.
The Lapua annealed fairly easy, IVI takes a little longer and the Lake City takes the longest.

great report thank you
 
pmc makes some M193 and M855 's and you can buy them when there not out of stock but you have to move fast. you can get the M193 for $350 for 1000 , M855 for $450 for 1000 . The M 855's come around very little so stock up if you have a chance.
 
Back
Top Bottom