Life spame mil surplus?

rally guy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I was wondering if there is a difference betweene the life spam of 1120 round 7.62x39 sealed ammo can and the 800 round ammo pack? I have not recive the two 800 round pack yet but they seem only wrap in paper?
 
Hi. The 'life span' of any ammo depends on how it is stored. Plus a certain amount for where the ammo was made. A sealed can will last longer. However, you won't live long enough for either to 'go bad'.
 
However, you won't live long enough for either to 'go bad'.

If it's being improperly stored (eg in a very hot spot), its lifespan can be measured in months. I forgot a box of Dominion .22 LR in the trunk of my car for a couple of years. Hot trunk + 2 years = 90%+ failure rate.

Cool and dry - as has been noted, almost indefinitely.
 
Like the box says, store in a cool dry place out of the reach of children. Sealed military cans protect the contents from humidity and shock, but not evaporation of the volatiles. That heady oily, acetone smell of a freshly opened box of ammo is chemicals venting to the atmosphere.
 
Popped off a few dozen 1939 vintage .303 brits a couple years back, was stored in a pickup truck glove box for probably 20yrs... Before that who knows?? After cleaning the chocolate and dust off all went bang.

You won't outlive your ammo just your supply of it.
 
Im in the same boat as 'hotwheels' I had a #### load of DA 303 stamped 42 , it all went bang but after 10 rounds it was looking like I fired up a 30 year old diesel jetta ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom