Light commercial .44 mag

Not that I have ever seen! I've tried a lot of the commercial stuff, and a lot is made for hunting so that's out! The rest is made to be more powerful than .44 special. Why would they make It and why would you buy it when you can just get .44 special? You really need to start reloading! Then you can do whatever you like! I've loaded em down in my Ruger to where they won't even penetrate the target backer! Lol
 
For factory ammo I find the aluminum cased "Blazer" 44MAG to be the mildest. I might just be me but it seemed down on power compared to American Eagle, Winchester and Remington.
 
You really need to start reloading! Then you can do whatever you like! I've loaded em down in my Ruger to where they won't even penetrate the target backer! Lol

+1. I shoot a 245gr SWC over 8.0gr of WW231 and it is very reasonable, just a bit hotter than typical 45ACP. You can load down to pop gun levels if you like and it works just fine.

Mark
 
As stated above, Blazer(aluminum) is far from a full house load in 44mag. Its very mild and seems to be maybe 2/3 of regular factory loads even though it claims to be suitable for target and hunting. Rather disappointing if u are expecting thunder and lightning...
dB
 
Any loads designed for hunting will give you that shock and awe effect! I love the look on everyones face when I blast off my handloads of 21 grains of 2400 at the indoor range! Lol! Everyone wants to shoot the .44 magnum, and I let them! Funny how guns bring people together like that! My stainless Ruger Redhawk is quite the conversation starter. I just sold it, and might think about a 460v! Lol
 
"...the look..." Used to shoot with a guy whose loads would knock dust from the ceiling. Forget whether it was him or another guy who stuck the front sight of his M29 into over head plywood under recoil.
"...You really need to start reloading!..." Yep. Then load magnum cases to Special velocities. Same bullets and powders.
Don't buy 20 round boxes for use in a handgun. 20 round boxes are rifle loads.
 
Back
Top Bottom