Lightning/Thunderer

89diesel

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Location
SK
Is there any difference between the Colt Lightning and Thunderer frames and internals? Can a .41 Thunderer cyl and barrel be put on a lightning frame?

Can a .38 cyl be reamed to .41?
 
No I don't think there is, like a Colt SAA frame is the same except for the rimfire.

Also, did you know there was a Rainmaker early on in .32?
 
Now I've got a lot of 1877's (that's what Colt called them), some are Lightnings and some Thunderers, some just .32's (all American Express), but this is the first I've heard of "Rainmakers" in 40 years of collecting!
 
I found 1 Rainmaker in the US at an auction a while back. Went for $900 in decent shape. Of course, I ran across it 5 minutes before the auction ended! Took 15 min to register!!!!!
 
Is there any difference between the Colt Lightning and Thunderer frames and internals? Can a .41 Thunderer cyl and barrel be put on a lightning frame?

Can a .38 cyl be reamed to .41?

I was always under the impression that the Lightning frame was smaller than the Thunderer but it sounds like the only difference is in the caliber. Maybe Arctic could clarify for me

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom