Lining a barrel and cylinder??

LomondK

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Location
Edmonton Ab.
Just wondering how much work is it to reline a barrel I've got this rather worn out belgian copy of a smith and wesson in .455 webley. I'm wondering how feasible it would be to convert it over to .38 special? is this something someone with basic knowledge and patience is going to be able to accomplish or is there more to the procedure then meets the eye?


Thanks for any input


Kevin

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/Lomondk/DSC05267.jpg
 
Last edited:
Got a lathe and know how to use it? Sleeving the barrel is the easy part. The chamber sleeves have got to be concentric. The extractor star would also have to be altered, unless you are prepared to poke out the empties one at a time.
I suspect that it would be possible to do the conversion without reaming out either the barrel or the chambers, although the chamber inserts would have to be machined to fit the chambers closely.
 
Back
Top Bottom