96Briganox
Member
- Location
- Canuckistan
Hey folks I'm not new to muzzleloaders but new to percussion cap shotguns. I have tried the equal loads of shot and powder by volume of light loads for skeet and upland birds which worked ok for me so far. Usually do 1oz of #7.5 and 70gr of FFG Goex. I use an over powder nitro card (0.125"), then lubricated cushion wad (0.500"), then shot, then over shot card (0.025"). These light loads gave good results.
Recently I picked up some #1 Bismuth and tried pattering these with the same equal load theory. Let me tell 'ya, it doesn't look good at all
I'm barrely getting 10 pellets on paper at 40yards. Is there something i should do different with such size of shot? I don't have a chronograph but as i underdstand i would probably need at least 1,100FPS to take birds humanly. I would appreciate if somebody could steer me into the right direction as Bismuth is super pricey and i would love to go duck and goose hunting the classy way
cheers,
96Brig
Recently I picked up some #1 Bismuth and tried pattering these with the same equal load theory. Let me tell 'ya, it doesn't look good at all
I'm barrely getting 10 pellets on paper at 40yards. Is there something i should do different with such size of shot? I don't have a chronograph but as i underdstand i would probably need at least 1,100FPS to take birds humanly. I would appreciate if somebody could steer me into the right direction as Bismuth is super pricey and i would love to go duck and goose hunting the classy way
cheers,
96Brig


















































