Load for Thompson/Center's Triumph Muzzleloader Bone collector ONLY

j_m_ru

Member
Rating - 97.8%
180   4   0
Location
Toronto
Thompson/Center's Triumph Muzzleloader Bone collector Load results:

I would like to start a Thread regarding optimal bullet/powder load for Thompson/Center's Triumph Muzzleloader Bone collector ONLY.

I think it will benefit to everyone to share this information.
Please specify: bullet type and weight, powder type and grains, outside temperature, wind strength and direction, shooting distance, type and magnification of the scope used or open sites and post results.

Regards,
Joe
 
I shoot 250gr TC shockwaves or 250 gr Hor SST's with 80 weight gr of Blackhorn 209, WW209 primer with a 4.5-14 VX3 into a cloverleaf at 100 yrds.

Make sure you use a WW209 primer with these speed breech plugs as the blackpowder 209 primers are not strong enough to light up the BH209 properly.

I can shoot 30+ shots and dont have to clean it either. Easy front loading as well.

It was about 5 deg last time I shot and have not chronographed this load. Edit: Chrono'd at 1975 fps... Hor SST's have an easier loading sabot compared to the TC's.

cheers.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom