Incurable Collectoer
CGN Regular
- Location
- Canada, B.C.
Following Englishman_ca and his excellent idea of making a list of mismatched bolts for the Lee Metford/Enfield Cavalry Carbine, I think it is worth expanding this to include the Long Lee. There are many here in Canada that mismatched.
I have restored a Long Lee and the action serial number is 11602 but I have a mismatched bolt that is 5763.
It might be a long shot but somewhere out there is a bolt with the serial number of 11602.
It would also be interesting to see how many of the original 40,000 Enfields that Canada purchased in the later 1890's still survive.
I have restored a Long Lee and the action serial number is 11602 but I have a mismatched bolt that is 5763.
It might be a long shot but somewhere out there is a bolt with the serial number of 11602.
It would also be interesting to see how many of the original 40,000 Enfields that Canada purchased in the later 1890's still survive.


















































