Look What Followed Me Home

Road King

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Pick up a few guns last week mostly all Good Reproductions of some interesting guns. There a a couple original guns including an India Pattern Brown Bess and a good 1853 pattern Those that know me know that Repros are not my thing. Will be posting them on EE in the weeks to come.

DSC01358.jpg

Dsc01359.jpg

Dsc01360.jpg

Dsc01361.jpg


Road King
 
Wow thats a different collection. You don't see many matchlocks around and the Schutzen has some wild pattern. Are they factory reproductions, kits, or custom made?

Great find - must have been an estate sale or auction lot of some sort?
 
Your killing me Sir!;)

I cannot help but notice the percussion enfield that looks like a competition rifle, and the baker, and the trade gun with the tacks in the stock and the besses, and the matchlocks......etc etc....

Lord in heaven what a bevy of beautys....theres enough goodness there to occupy me for a year or 2.

I could only imagine what my wife would say if I arrived home with a haul like that....:redface:

Cheers
 
Last edited:
I will try and describe each of the guns; From top to bottom

CHARLEVILLE MUSKET (REPRO) Not sure of the maker
PEDERSOLI BROWN BESS (42")
CHARLEVILLE MUSKET (REPRO) Pedersoli
MORTIMER, PEDERSOLI CAL.54
CHIEF'S GUN, Pedersoli
HARPERS FERRY FLINT 1803 DATE on lock made in Italy
BAKER RIFLE , maker unknown
WAADTLANDER TARGET RIFLE CAL. .45 Pedersoli
BROWN BESS,INDIA PATTERN original not converted dated 1805 and stamped 1821
SHARON RIFLE BARREL CO. HAWKEN (Rare )
NAVY ARMS ZOUAVE RIFLE CAL.58
EUROARMS KENTUCKYCAL.44
ENFIELD 1853 (LOCK 1859) original
TOMPSON CENTER HAWKEN CAL .50
English PERCUSSION FOWLING PC (PHILLIPS)original boy's or ladies gun
MATCH LOCK REPRO
MATCH LOCK REPRO
GAMO 1250 HUNTER AIR RIFLE CAL.177
HUNGERIAN AIR RIFLE CAL .177
COOEY 12 Ga SINGLE SHOT Model 84 36" barrel
PERCUSSION PISTOL
FLINTLOCK PISTOL
Colt 1851 Navy, not shown

Road King
 
Haven't decided which ones I will keep, maybe the Model 84 Cooey with 36" barrel, don't see many of these. I will likely end up selling them all sooner or later. I am still sorting through all the boxes of stuff that came with the collection also.
Road King
 
These have become very collectable in the States and very hard to get. I guess the company went out of bussiness because of the cost to manufacture. This one still has a very sharpe bore and in great shape.
RK

The Gun Works bought out Sharon Barrel, I rebarreled my pistol with one of their barrels:D:D one hole groups now.(benched)

Cheers nessy
 
The saga of my Baker;
Made in India and imported to the U.K. I sent the money to a friend and he shipped it to me.
1. cocked the rifle (flint in the hammer) pulled trigger and most of the time the hammer came crashing down on HALF-####:eek:
Got the lock fixed.
2. Next sent the barrel off to be rifled, the thing was a smooth bore:rolleyes:
3. Next the stock. Looked like Indian Samdan wood ORANGE coloured:eek:
Got that apart and stained the wood, looks a lot better now.
Found that 20ga hollow base slugs were a perfect fit so bought the mould.

Accuracy? You must be kidding with those sights!
 
I dont know John.......I do fairly good with roundball out of my bess with only the bayonet lug as a front sight and a smoothbore out to 60 yards or so..

With a properly rifled barrel AND rear sights.....your nearly spoiled:D

I bet if you try patched round balls out of that baker your going to have a much better time!


The saga of my Baker;
Made in India and imported to the U.K. I sent the money to a friend and he shipped it to me.
1. cocked the rifle (flint in the hammer) pulled trigger and most of the time the hammer came crashing down on HALF-####:eek:
Got the lock fixed.
2. Next sent the barrel off to be rifled, the thing was a smooth bore:rolleyes:
3. Next the stock. Looked like Indian Samdan wood ORANGE coloured:eek:
Got that apart and stained the wood, looks a lot better now.
Found that 20ga hollow base slugs were a perfect fit so bought the mould.

Accuracy? You must be kidding with those sights!
 
Back
Top Bottom