lookin for suggestions

Bearcat

Regular
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Location
SE Sask,Can
I ran a patch down the bore of my 54 cal, and when I was pulling it out {it was a tight fit } the end of my cleaning rod came off the end of the damned thing , now I have a stuck jag and patch stuck half way in the barrel!!!!Anyone got any ideas how to get it outta there.I thought maybe stuffin some powder into the barrel thru the nipple hole and pushing it back to the bottom , put nipple back in and firing it to get it out ........... whadda ya think??? Suggestions welcome !!!

Bearcat
 
removing ramrod tip

Safely remove it, no risk to the barrel with a CO2 ball discharger, fits over the nipple, uses CO2 cartridge like the soda water bottle type.
Ask around your friends with ML rifles to borrow same.
 
plugged bore

Remove nipple, add about 5 grains of fffg thru the nipple recess tapping side of piece to encourage it into combustion chamber. replace nipple-ramrod patch and end firmly onto powder and out it will come upon firing- hopefully the chamber is dry at present or this will not work. regards don,t forget to remove ramrod.
 
Been there take out nipple as said in preveious posts work in some 3f replace nipple seat patch and jag back on powder and shoot it out. shoot into soft dirt bank and recouver if you want I DID
 
Shoot it out as suggested. Works well to clear a dry-ball too.

The CO2 thing or compressed air will work too if you are setup to do it already otherwise a few grains of FFF works just great.
 
Try firing it with just the perc. cap 1st...if that doesn't work, add a few grains of powder under the nipple and repeat until clear.

CAUTION: Don't do it in the house. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom