Looking at a US Model 1816 Musket - need some help

Killer Kanuck

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Location
PEI
I was called last week asking if I'd like to take a look at an old musket a guy was thinking of selling - finally had the chance to go take a look this afternoon. From what I can tell it looks to be a Starr made US model 1816 musket converted to percussion (I'm assuming so it could be pressed into us during the Civil War?). Since this is a little outside my knowledge base, I thought I'd ask here - is it what I think it is? Any issues (other than the shellac on the stock) that jump out at you? What would the going price be for one in this condition? Any help would be appreciated.

003273.JPG


004238.JPG


005229.JPG


011119.JPG


009181.JPG


013110.JPG
 
Yes, something has happened toward the muzzle. The coating on the stock can be dealt with, the shortening of the barrel and stock is serious.
 
Back
Top Bottom