Looking for 303 brit brass?

Sargdeath

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Leduc
I am recently going to be getting into reloading my own rounds.

I just got an old Lee-endfield and don't have enough brass yet.

I was told I can by new brass for about thirty cents a piece.

I am looking for a decent quantity of some one time fired brass.

I saw a bunch of people selling bags of them at the gun show in chilliwack a little while ago, but wasnt into reloading yet.
 
Put a WTB ad on the equipment exchange (you need to ask permission to access this section, but that is a one-time request).

You could try site sponsors (e.g. Mystic Precison, SFRC).
Also, Higginsons is another place to look: http://www.higginsonpowders.com/

Many of the milsurp rifles have sloppy chambers and thus this calibre has a reputation of brass that can only be reloaded a few times.

Good luck.
 
"...just got an old Lee-Enfield..." Check the headspace before you do anything. Even if the S/N's match. Then slug the barrel. Hammer a cast .30 calibre bullet or suitably sized lead fishing sinker through the barrel and measure it with a mocrometer. Enfield barrels can measure from .311" to .315" and still be considered ok. Over .315" it's shot out.
"...at the gun show..." Likely still be somebody selling brass. Check it to make sure it's boxer primed. Try your local gun shops too.
When you get that far, full length resize(must be done to any brass fired out of another rifle), load it, fire it, then you can neck size only.
 
Back
Top Bottom