looking for a inexpensive 20 gauge flintlock fowler/shotgun

lobsterman89

Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
preferably new and with a barrel 30" or less(wanting something a little compact). it amazes me that a rifled flintlock can be as low as $400, but the lowest flintlock fowlers or shotguns are double or more, isn't a smoothbore barrel easier to make? anyways, anyone know of a good quality, but lower price option in Canada? everything I've seen is $1000+, which is prohibitive for me. thanks
 
I would look at loyalist arms and military heritage. They have a large selection of the india made guns. I have a few and enjoy them alot. They require a little work sometimes but nothing to major.

Tune the lock, harden the frizzen, refinish the wood.

Although I would very much reccomend flintlock repair out of new hampshire. Earl is a a great guy to deal with and he can tune and polish the lock and harden the frizzen for 50 bucks extra. I have a bess from him and its excellent.

Cheers, McLean
 
Back
Top Bottom