Looking for first black powder pistol

wooten85

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Hey guys, this is a pretty general question but I am looking to get a black powder pistol and to be truthful, I have zero idea where I should start looking. Google pointed me to the states....which doesn't really help me lol, the classifieds on here are kinda thin and most gun shops I frequent; both online and in real life don't deal in these types of firearms. So I'm curious if there is a good resource for finding black powder pistols in Canada? or a few good shops I could look into? What do you guys do? I'm looking for a kentucky/british dragoon type of pistol, in percussion cap design, I'm not overly picky, just looking for a starting place

Thanks a bunch
 
Wooten85

Although they are not a sponsor on here, you may want to check out Shooter's Choice. They are in Waterloo Ontario. They are great to deal with.

Kevin
 
Myself if I were to purchase one, I like the more ergonomic grip and double set triggers that one would find on the T/C Patriot or the Traditions pistols. The Lyman Great Plaines variant has a bag style grip and a single trigger only.

whatever turns your crank........
 
Myself if I were to purchase one, I like the more ergonomic grip and double set triggers that one would find on the T/C Patriot or the Traditions pistols. The Lyman Great Plaines variant has a bag style grip and a single trigger only.

whatever turns your crank........

Definitely, to each his own. I like the Lyman PP.... last time I had it out the other guys on the line were cheered by the blast, flames and smoke that cleared away the clouds of pesky mosquitos real quick, so they could plink with their pea-shooters in comfort. For ergonomic satisfaction I turn to my other guns. The trigger can be smoothed and lightened a bit if you're careful and understand what you're doing.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom