Looking for info on 45/70 sharps dealers

They are like hen's teeth unless you are willing to pay an arm and a leg.

I am told the fine fellas at Prime Time carry alot of the old BPCR guns but they were out of stock when I last looked a couple weeks ago. They have all the Uberti repros and some of 'em are even more spectacular in person than they are in the pics!
 
They are up in Grande Prairie. If you like the old repros they have them all.

I barely escaped with my credit card! Give them a shout, they said they are going to bring in more...and if they do you will have to race me up there! I want a Sharps in the worst way too...!
 
Have you considered dealing with Shiloh Sharps out of Big Timber, Montana?

You have to import through an agent but that's pretty straight-forward to do and you end up getting the real McCoy.
 
The Shootist http://www.shootist.ab.ca/ has a few. That being said he charges more for a used Farmindale shiloh then the cost to import a brand new one from Montana.

You can find lots of used pedersolis at gun shows but again, most are listed at the price of a new shiloh. If your not picky there are some good deals on used rolling blocks done up as target rifles. There is also shooters choice in Ontario, they carry most of the pedersoli sharps line. http://www.shooterschoice.com/pedersoli/pedersoli.htm.

I have been down this same route as you, and finally decided to bite the bullet, save a little more money and ordered an 1874 from Shiloh, because with the high dollar the difference in cost is negligable. You'l have a gun that is extremely well made and excellent warranty and parts service. If you decide you want to do some BPCR shooting, you will be buying sights from the US anyways, as the sights suplied with pedersolis are garbage.

Pedersoli makes a good gun, but you can literaly buy a brand new 1875 sharps from C Sharps for the same cost, or the base model 1874 from shiloh for a little more.
 
I have heard different things about Cimarron. They procure their guns from Uberti say some guys, others say they come from Pedersoli, some guys say they cherry pick the best rifles from other manufacturers and others say they merely rebrand firearms made for them by the manufactures. Some guys say their guns are junk, others swear by them.

I agree with Hickstick...my Sharps will come from the guys in Big Timber...one day.
 
Back
Top Bottom