looking for some 7.62 and 30-06 fmj surplus ammo

ricka2

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.8%
465   1   0
Can someone let me know if any dealers have 7.62 and 30.06 fmj military ball ammo in case lots in stock ?

Thanks
Ricka2
 
Last edited:
"....30-06 surplus FMJ in stock for 15 years..." Longer than that. I've never, in 30 some years, ever seen any surplus .30-06 ball in case lots. It wasn't available to dealers when I worked in a gun shop 30ish years ago either. Hasn't been used by any major military since the early to mid 60's.
Not much 7.62 NATO surplus around anymore either. Your best option is to reload.
 
sorry 7.62 nato , any of that around in bulk fmj case lots

There is very little around. Not enough military arms using it anymore...and the ones that do have been involved in a war for a "few" years now ;)
If you do come across some, it tends to be in the $1/round range. Time to start handloading...if you can find components.
 
Nester, the 30-06 that Del Delin's had was Lake City "Match". I bought all of it that he had. 500 rounds. To bad that was all he had. It shoots very well out of my Garand. A few years ago there was a lot of Dominion "Red Stripe" 30-06 around. It was regulated for something, I don't know what. Darn good ammunition though. It was going for $8/box about 5 years ago. There was also some 8x57 of the same type for the same price. It still shows up at gunshows but runs anywhere from $25 to $35 per box. Most of the sellers are claiming it's collector ammunition. They could be right, I don't know. From the looks of things in Canada, it may all become collector ammunition.
 
I've never ever seen case lots of .30-06.

I did come across some of this a few years back, though.

8mm002Medium.jpg
 
Longer than that. I've never, in 30 some years, ever seen any surplus .30-06 ball in case lots.

There was a fair quantity of it came in the mid '90's. M2 ball, LC 69, loaded in en blocs, 6 en blocs to a bandolier, 8 bandoliers to a sealed can. I was told once it came from Mexico.

The last time I saw it for sale, I was standing in Milarm in Edmonton when they wheeled a pallet of cans past me. That would have been 1996 or so. But, a friend called me last week to say that he had just found a sealed can of it he had forgotten about.
 
Back
Top Bottom