Looking for some case-lot Buckshot.

greg11

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I'm looking for #1, or 0, or 00 Buck in case lots. Anyone know where I might find some at a decent price?

[EDIT]:
Or even just the shot. I'm considering buying a reloader and the deal will be sealed if I can find some cheap shot.
 
Last edited:
Or even just the shot. I'm considering buying a reloader and the deal will be sealed if I can find some cheap shot.

Hah! You said cheap shot. I don't think there is any such thing anymore, unfortunately.

I will be watching this thread closely, because I would like a source of #1 buck shells as well.

Mark
 
Well, cheap mighta been the wrong word to use. I guess I'm just looking for "better than my local store" type cheap. Ya know? I'd even buy the shot because I've decided on buying a Lee Load All. So either or.

I know there are lots of guys looking for buck, so everyone chime in. Let's make sure all the dealers know there's a market for us! Lord knows shooting stuff is just about zero fun with birdshot (IMO).
 
I'm looking for #1, or 0, or 00 Buck in case lots. Anyone know where I might find some at a decent price?

[EDIT]:
Or even just the shot. I'm considering buying a reloader and the deal will be sealed if I can find some cheap shot.

Ditto I have a lee loader so Id really like to find a reasonably priced source of 25lbs bags of shot bb #1 0 , 00 or 000
 
Well, cheap mighta been the wrong word to use. I guess I'm just looking for "better than my local store" type cheap. Ya know? I'd even buy the shot because I've decided on buying a Lee Load All. So either or.

I know there are lots of guys looking for buck, so everyone chime in. Let's make sure all the dealers know there's a market for us! Lord knows shooting stuff is just about zero fun with birdshot (IMO).

I too agree on how there are people who wants cheaper then local buckshot shells. My local stores are nuts when it comes to the good stuff. It's either they don't have any for sale or it's $300 a flat.

I remember there are people who experimented on turning target loads to slugs. Maybe that way you can have more fun shooting the cheaper stuff.
 
"..."better than my local store"..." The shipping will negate any savings. Ask your local shop what it'll cost to order it. Be prepared to pay up front.
Don't think shot comes in 25 pound bags any more. Shooter's Choice, in Waterloo, Ont.(one of the few sites with prices), wants $29.95 for a 5 pound bag of Hornady buckshot. They'll ship, but it won't be cheap.
 
I too agree on how there are people who wants cheaper then local buckshot shells. My local stores are nuts when it comes to the good stuff. It's either they don't have any for sale or it's $300 a flat.

I remember there are people who experimented on turning target loads to slugs. Maybe that way you can have more fun shooting the cheaper stuff.
Where did you see this?
 
greg11 -I have experimented in this, good results at 50m, 2-3" using winchester universal target loads, 100rnd pack, from wallmart. and lee 7/8 slug. works well in my moss 535 and rem 1100 with a shorter barrel and about $.30 or less on cost, only need a crimping device and casting setup w/mold, all easy and cheap to get. I use a lee loadall2 for the crimp.

pm me for info.
 
Back
Top Bottom