Looking for value on Win 1886 in 45/70

Lorne

CGN Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I bought this a while ago but its not my thing.I am a bolt action guy.
The gun was built in 1887 it has been rebarreled with a new barrel.I was told this was done a long time ago.You can see some tooling marks on the barrel where the sights are.The barrel looks like new inside.The wood has some marks and dings on it.The is a crack in the fore end
DSC02646.jpg

DSC02647.jpg

DSC02645.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

DSC02642.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

DSC02650.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks like a nice shooter and any '86, new barrel or not, has to go for at least 1K+...although i am not a Win. expert and I do have a soft spot for that model(who doesn't)......IMHO
 
It looks nice. I guess the replaced barrel will lower the bona fide "collector" interest but it is still desireable and there are still a ton of guys who would love to have it. I'd guesstimate bewteen $1200-$1500.

Now be careful, there's some people around here are gonna tell you it's only worth half that much, and then they're gonna PM you with offers immediately. ;) A nice old '86 like this one could induce a feeding frenzy.
 
I payed $900 for one in 33 Win that was not in as good of shape and that was the average price at a gun show. I looked at 3 of them about the same condition. So one in that good of shape I would guess $1200 plus.
 
Back
Top Bottom