Looking for Winchester Model 1892's

Nice to post that over here on this forum for some of the guys to see Michael. I have never seen such a unique 1892 rifle. A rare find to have found both those guns and that they are still together. Just goes to show what Winchester would do for a discerning customer back in the day, and to "never say never" with Winchester. Again, congrats, very nice and extremely unique guns.
Matt
 
Got 3 x 1892 clones (Rossi 92s) but none of the real deal.
The real Winchester 1892s are nowhere near as ubiquitous as the 1894s.
I'll bet most members of this board have never held a real Winchester 1892 rifle in their hands.
 
Thanks Matt. They are most definitely the most unique Winchesters I have come a cross. There are lots of absolutely beautiful deluxe guns out there that are extremely fine but are in essence
all the same with minor variations. These two are a working mans gun but done to fit his very specific needs. I am going to try to do more research on the past owner and see what I can find out.
I also need to pull that peep sight off and look at the upper tang stamp and photograph it and also the curved based on the peep sight. More to come when I do. Right now I am with Davy Crockett
down here in hot as hell Texas working on my ranch and doing a little hog hunting.

Michael
 
Gunoholic,

Then you need stop by and I will let you fondle a few of mine. I have just over 30 Winchester 1892's. You are correct about the relative number of 1892's vs the 1894/94
rifles. There were just over 950,000 Model 1892/92 rifles compared to the 2,600,000 plus pre 1964 1894/94's. And since you guys like to look so much I will copy and paste
this from the same WACA forum. The title of the post was "The 6000 Model 1892's". It is located in the What's New forum on that site.

""The 6000 Model 1892's"
NO, that is not how many I have. Not even close. But as I have been collecting Winchester and now have 13 1892's a small group of them has just grown by one more count. My first of this group was 6418. At the time my earliest gun of the model. Then, I ran across 6428 and since it was only 10 digits away and in nice condition I decided it had to come home also. Eventually, 6125 wandered across my monitor and though the poorer of the four the price was right so what the heck, why not?

So there I was just a few days ago cruising the net looking for rifles for the 1892 survey and BAM! There is yet another one in the 6000 range and it is 6419! I thought. I paused. I hesitated. I thought about my children's future. Then I bought it. A pretty cool little group of rifles that have been fun to run into. Have a look."
DL6.jpg


DL3.jpg


DL1.jpg


DL2.jpg


DL5.jpg


DL4.jpg


Take care,
Michael
 
Back
Top Bottom