Looks like an old Remington No4...but is it?

quinnbrian

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Location
Ontario
Hello guys just pick up , what looks like an old Remington No4, but doesn’t say Remington...or just about anything else on it. Has some proof marks and the word “Depose” with the accent over the e’s ,on the left hand side of the reciever, any idea who made it? It’s in 32 caliber rim fire. I know pics would help...but I’ve been having problems with pics. Can email or text to who ever would like to take a look , see. I’ve sent hours on the net looking , with no luck.
I thought that it could be a Remington no1...but I don’t know. It has two screws for the hammer and breech block....not pins...so..
Thanks for any help! I do know this, it shots very will, and it also has a full octagon Barrel, with a screw on the left hand side of the reciever to take the barrel off...a take down of sorts...and when you take the barrel off, if your not careful, the extractor will fall out...yep I know....don’t ask...I just know lol.
Cheers
Brian
 
Thanksjiffx2781! It works!


6439-CDFA-D65-C-48-FF-9-D18-C8-B8-C8-A15-A8-E.jpg

9350-DE5-F-6-AE2-442-F-ADA6-DD2-BACADAEE6.jpg

21-A5-F707-0-E89-446-F-9305-C0759-B99-E54-C.jpg
 
Belgian proof mark on barrel, so a Belgian copy
I bought one like it on EE some years ago, sold to me as a Remy.
Live and learn.
This does not mean that it is bad, just not Remy.
 
Back
Top Bottom