Lots of .32 rimfire revolvers for sale

TheCoachZed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
There's been quite a few on the EE in the last few weeks, all so very tantalizingly cheap!

If .32 rimfire wasn't unobtainable, prohibitively expensive when located, and totally useless when shot, I'd be in on this for sure!:D

I can see myself buying one someday and getting some chamber adapters for .22 shorts, though.

Anyway, is there any particular reason why they all are showing up?
 
There's been quite a few on the EE in the last few weeks, all so very tantalizingly cheap!

If .32 rimfire wasn't unobtainable, prohibitively expensive when located, and totally useless when shot, I'd be in on this for sure!:D

I can see myself buying one someday and getting some chamber adapters for .22 shorts, though.

Anyway, is there any particular reason why they all are showing up?

You need cases designed to use a .22 as a primer. Then find a rebated base bullet or use a roundball.
All in all , a bit of a hassle for some. A neat piece of history though.
 
I made it easy for you ... buy the pistol and the ammo.

Dixie sells the reloadable but they seem like a pain to have to line up each time.

Can someone chime in with the legality of chamber adapters to calibers on the no go list.
 
I was Shooting my New Antique 41 Derringer tonight its a two line address gun so made before 1888 with sambar stag grips.
Man there nice guns.
anyway i used the 41 Dixie reloadable cases with the 22 Blanks and it works as good as new. the 41s are a tight fit so its easy to know to line up the 22 Caps with the fireing pin.

I fired it Bang then recocked it Bang again you can get off two shots very fast.
As far as 32 Rf or any RF being week i still bet you would stand even 20 ft down range of either on of em :p

My Derringer is made for across the card table kinda work.
32 Rfs are fun to shoot useing the Reloadable cases there also very cheep to plink with and not as noisy as the big guns.
I think there alot of fun and because there cheeper to buy theres more of them around than say SAA Colts....
 
I just joined the antique club with my first 32rf and 50 rounds of ammo for it!

Thats Great thats another thing there good for Starting out.
My frist antique was a 30 RF Colt newline.
I learned how to make my own 30 Rf ammo useing hilti caps and caught the bug. :D

Now im hooked on the hobby you think it will stop at 32 Rf then you want something stronger then stronger pretty soon your useing the Rent money to buy antiques.

32 RF is a great starting gun. Its good theres lots of them for sale.
not everyone wants to start out a collection with a $800 gun but for 3 or 400 your set with 32 Rf and you can buy the Dixie reloadable cases so ammo can be made and its very easy.
crap a cave man could do it :p
 
.32 rimfire is weak?

I have a number of autopsy photos of people shot through the chest and heads with a .22lr

(and no, the bouncing around inside the head thing is a myth, it's through and through most times, including hits to the torso.)

So.... I'm not rocket scientist, but wouldn't hits with .32 rimmy be a reasonably certain case of game over?
 
Krusty: Well, I see President Filmore's in the news again.
[mimes drinking] Glug, glug, glug!
[the audience laughs]
[the boys come crashing through the lounge's glass
ceiling, landing at the bar]
Moe: What'll it be, boys?
Bart: Just 3 Xs, my man.
Nelson: Gimmie five.
[Moe takes down two jugs of whiskey, one marked
"###" and the other, "###XX", and pours the boys
some drinks]
[the boys each down a shot]
This ain't no five-X whiskey -- I can still see.
This barkeep's a no-good cheat!
Lounge-goers: Cheat?!
[everyone except Moe, Bart, and Nelson pulls small
guns from their secret hiding places]
Moe: Eh, all right, we've all got Derringers, so let's
just put 'em away. Nobody here is a cheat.
Lounge-goers: Cheat?!
Moe: Ah, Jeez. [ducks under the bar]
[everyone starts shooting. The tiny bullets -- they
look to be the size of BB pellets -- bounce
harmlessly off of walls, glassware, and people]
Nelson: Man, those Derringer bullets are weak.
Bart: Powerful weak.

:D

I would not mind having one at some point, I just need to concentrate on other guns for now. :D
 
Rimfire antiques are fun, they are like gateway drugs... cheap to buy and then before you know it you are trying explain to the wife why the Colt SAA you just bought is a better investment than your kids' RESP:D

As far as weak, hmm,:bsFlag: a rim fire round can easily penetrate a couple of 2x4s I would not stand in front of one and expect to survive.
 
quick question. would a .27 ramset blank fit a 30 rimfire.
i hear that the rim on a .27 ramset is around .32 in size.

You have to make the 30 Rim fire case outa brass then insert the Hilti 27 Cal in to it.
I made 30 Rf ammo useing tubeing but it was not easy.
i got my 30 rf gun working tho.
 
You have to make the 30 Rim fire case outa brass then insert the Hilti 27 Cal in to it.
I made 30 Rf ammo useing tubeing but it was not easy.
i got my 30 rf gun working tho.

thats what i pictured in my head about making them. what kind of tubing may i ask?

also did you use a round ball or a round nose bullet?

cant wait for the Pal/Rpal to come so i can enter this fantastic hobby.
 
Back
Top Bottom