I am looking into making up some shells for an old SxS 12g that I'll have in possession soon. My primary objective will be to fire this safely and without damaging myself and the gun. While I'm not new to reloading, I'm completely new to reloading shotgun and blackpowder.
I've been reading up and researching but am hoping you guys can help point me to sources for 12g brass shells and equipment. I don't intend on shooting it much...but want to touch it off at least a couple of times...safely. I would hope to avoid another reloading press in lieu of some simple hand tools.
Is getting some brass shells/wads/tools/etc worth it for the very infrequent amount that I might shoot this? or am I just as well off canabalizing some modern 12g light trap loads...sub'ing in BP...and reassembling a light shot load?
And...I don't have any references on hand for low pressure BP loads...could you point me to some good ones that have been proven out?
Please and thanks
I've been reading up and researching but am hoping you guys can help point me to sources for 12g brass shells and equipment. I don't intend on shooting it much...but want to touch it off at least a couple of times...safely. I would hope to avoid another reloading press in lieu of some simple hand tools.
Is getting some brass shells/wads/tools/etc worth it for the very infrequent amount that I might shoot this? or am I just as well off canabalizing some modern 12g light trap loads...sub'ing in BP...and reassembling a light shot load?
And...I don't have any references on hand for low pressure BP loads...could you point me to some good ones that have been proven out?
Please and thanks


















































