More than 50 years ago I bought a few guns when I worked for the HBC on James Bay. One is an 1894 Winchester Rifle, .35-55 Caliber, Octagon barrel. I bought the gun for about $10 from the Oblate Mission along with about 6 or 7 other guns. This is a strange one. It is in pretty tough shape but considering it's history probably not bad. The funny thing about it is that it is different than any other 1894 I have seen. It has a serial #3149 and there is an extra screw just above and to the rear of the loading gate. the scratch was made by me in 1964 when I took the gun apart to find out why it would only work as a single shot. Turns out it needed a cartridge guide spring which again was different in that the guides use a flat spring and not a coil as on other 94's. I thought the forum members might be interested in this old gun.






















































