lyman 20ga foster slug in sinder

antiqueguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Location
windsor ontario
has anyone tried this I think it would work if it were sized down a bit and cast in pure lead. sniders regularly are fed .600 round balls sizing the slug down to say .595 should be ok
 
Order a mould from Accurate moulds in the states. about 80$ US. Slug your bore and give them the size. I have one mould from them for my snider, shoots great.

EDIT:
This is the mould design I have. They will make it in any size you want. The have lots of other designs and weights too.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=58-450B-D.png

how long is that bullet looks like it may stabilize in both 1 in 48 twist and 1 in 78 but the 1 in 78 (snider rifles with 3 grove rifling) like short conical's and round balls.

my thinking with the foster slug is it will stabilize like it does in a shotgun.
 
Back
Top Bottom