Lyman GPR Trigger Improvement

NorthCoastBigBore

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I "built" (well actually back then it really WAS a build compared to what I've seen of new kits... anyway...) a GPR around 1991 or 1992 and have used it ever since, but one thing that has consistently annoyed me is (was) how heavy it was to pull rear trigger, to set the triggers. And the front one was OK, but it also ran out of adjustment too soon.

I was used to it but every year for the last six or seven years I've used this rifle at our club's open house, and folks wanting to try the muzzleloaders out would have a heck of a time setting the triggers on that rifle. Otherwise, its a great rifle. There is an adjustment screw on this one for each trigger, but the factory screws were simply not long enough. The thread is metric.

Open House is next week so today, I just went ahead and took the triggers out, drilled out and re-tapped the holes for #8-32 & #4-40 respectively, and installed some longer adjustment screws. VOILA, sets like butter now and I was able to fine tune the front trigger much better as well.

Just thought I'd pass that on, I see a lot of chatter about those triggers (I think mainly in the older models?) and that seems to be the fix. It's quick and easy... and CHEAP.

Happy Shootin'
NCBB

Now if only someone would start stocking Goex up here again....
 
Back
Top Bottom