M14 and M1 Garand Ammo

crashcollins

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I see that Federal has introduced ammo specific for use in M1A and M1 Garand rifles. The M1A load is 168gr. OTM at 2650fps and the Garand load is 150gr. FMJ at 2740fps. Hope this stuff shows up in Canada as it's new commercial MFG not Mil surplus. For the price that Milsurp is going for in Canada now I would rather buy new commercial.
 
I see that Federal has introduced ammo specific for use in M1A and M1 Garand rifles. The M1A load is 168gr. OTM at 2650fps and the Garand load is 150gr. FMJ at 2740fps. Hope this stuff shows up in Canada as it's new commercial MFG not Mil surplus. For the price that Milsurp is going for in Canada now I would rather buy new commercial.

for the price that milsurp sells for in Canada, you should buy commercial ammo. I f you can afford to buy 1000 rds at a time you can get a big discount on commercial ammo and the brass is reloadable. I f you don't reload, you can sell the brass for good money.
 
If and when it makes it here, it won't be cheap. Reloading for either rifle isn't rocket science.
"...150gr. FMJ at 2740fps..." That's .30 M1 spec. .30 M2 ammo ran at 2800 fps with a 152 grain bullet. Assuming you care.
 
Nothings cheap these days, reloading for both is what I have been doing but sometimes it's nice to just buy some commercial and go shooting. Time constraints sometimes limit shooting when I have to reload cartridges first. The M1A ammo probably will be expensive as it's loaded with a match bullet not a standard FMJ as the M1 ammo is. So the M1 ammo should be priced similar to other standard loads. I would like to see Barney's take on this ammo if he gets some.
I am still waiting on an answer from Barb from customer service Canada as to if this ammo will be available in Canada or not.
 
Back
Top Bottom