It has been my understanding that the American BATF considers muzzle loaders as "Antiques" rather than "Firearms" and has no interest in them. I know from experience we can mail firearms across Canada as long as, at a minimum, there is a requirement for a signature upon receipt.
Today I tried to mail a muzzle loading rifle to a buyer in the USA and the Canada Post clerks reacted like I was mailing live hand grenades. I tried to explain that modern guns indeed have strict requirements for import to the USA but that "Antiques" do not. They could not grasp the difference and spent all their energy telling me why they could not accept the parcel.
So I would like some advice from anyone who has actually mailed a muzzle loader to the USA successfully. I need such detail as what did you describe the parcel contents as and was there any aditional paperwork involved for either Canada Customs or the US Border Protection folks.
Thanks
Today I tried to mail a muzzle loading rifle to a buyer in the USA and the Canada Post clerks reacted like I was mailing live hand grenades. I tried to explain that modern guns indeed have strict requirements for import to the USA but that "Antiques" do not. They could not grasp the difference and spent all their energy telling me why they could not accept the parcel.
So I would like some advice from anyone who has actually mailed a muzzle loader to the USA successfully. I need such detail as what did you describe the parcel contents as and was there any aditional paperwork involved for either Canada Customs or the US Border Protection folks.
Thanks


















































