makeing 8mm revolver brass

jbunny

Regular
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Location
centeral BC
textformakeing8mmbrass.jpg
PLS DISREGARD THE TYPEING ERRORS
8mmbrass.jpg

8mmbrass2.jpg
 
Considering that 32-20 is also not readily available, it's not worth the trouble. I know that guys who have a lathe do .450 Webley out of 45 Colt and even more crazy stuff but the work is insane and not really that much fun because it is repetitive work. Same with the lebel 8 mm, either buy the cut down cases or the original ones from the US. How many do you need anyway?
 
i bought some cut down cases, remember. it,s nothing but crap. i measured
a doz cases and 1.051 to 1.11. a lot of them are cut at about 5 deg angle.
how do u set your dies whith .060 variance. what i made are within 2 thou.
 
Considering that 32-20 is also not readily available, it's not worth the trouble. I know that guys who have a lathe do .450 Webley out of 45 Colt and even more crazy stuff but the work is insane and not really that much fun because it is repetitive work. Same with the lebel 8 mm, either buy the cut down cases or the original ones from the US. How many do you need anyway?


dont the 32-20 brass still sell for close to 1.00 each? there is LOTs of 8mm brass on the EE right now for 1.00 each much better choice
 
32-20 brass is about $25/50 incl gst, or was about 6 months ago. It's still easy to get. I picked mine up from P&D in edmonton, off the shelf. I sized and trimmed 200 of them in about 2.5 hours. Used a drill press with the lee cutter tools. It's repetitive but once it's done it's done for good.
 
32-20 brass is about $25/50 incl gst, or was about 6 months ago. It's still easy to get. I picked mine up from P&D in edmonton, off the shelf. I sized and trimmed 200 of them in about 2.5 hours. Used a drill press with the lee cutter tools. It's repetitive but once it's done it's done for good.


Just goes to show how we get raped by our own kind (fellow gun owners/businesses) up in Kanukistan. I've bought 250 pieces of NEW Starline 32-20 brass for $50 USD last year from a reputable US brass/antique components dealer.

You can't tell me it is THAT much more expensive to have it imported up here and sold with a slight margin of profit... instead of selling it at a 500% margin! (if each 32-20 case up here sells for $1.00)

50 / 250 = $0.20 a piece (in the US!).


Quite a difference, eh?

:canadaFlag:

:rolleyes:
 
^I think its because its a sea of legislative nightmares to go through to bring the stuff in.

Thank the Feds on both sides for making it a pain in the ass to bring in firearm components I guess.
 
762mm I don't think the canadian price is as bad as that, to order 50 pcs of 32-20 brass from totw comes out to $20.23 including shipping but not including canadian taxes.
 
Back
Top Bottom