Making A Flintlock Cap/ Elastic Band Gun For Son - NEED HELP

maple leaf

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
SW Ontario
Gents,
I am a re-enactor and would love to make a flintlock capgun/ elastic band gun for my son. The idea is that he would load an elastic band, #### it back and when he fires, it sets off the cap. I'd like to make this look as authentic as possible for him to use.

Does anyone have any non functioning locks that they would be willing to sell or part with? Let me know what you may have.
Thanks!
 
Great idea - sorry I don't have one but it's a neat idea. There's been a few broken flintlock parts show up on the EE for reasonable prices over the past year; also try eBay lock parts/busted locks do show up there too on occasion. Someone's got one I'm sure and for less than the cost of a new lock.

Edit: Here's one still listed but likely more than you'd like to pay; I question whether this is an original (appears to be investment cast....) but at any rate:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1318705-Original-lock-for-flintlock

If you want a set of functioning caplocks, JPC has a set listed for $59 shipped:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1294880-Lock-Set
 
Last edited:
I don't have any for you, but have you tried looking at www.trackofthewolf.com? They have a very good selection.
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I don't want to spend $100 on a working lock. Just looking for a broken lock for the authentic look, and that I can modify to become a firing mech for a cap and the reverse side to tighten an elastic.

Great idea - sorry I don't have one but I think it's a neat idea. There's been a few broken flintlock parts show up on the EE for reasonable prices over the past year; also try eBay lock parts/busted locks do show up there too on occasion. Someone's got one I'm sure and for less than the cost of a new lock.

Good suggestion, I'll check out Ebay. Haven't seen any broken locks on the EE today (though I will be keeping my eyes peeled), thus my post.
 
Back
Top Bottom