I would like to know what he made the grenades out of. Neat projects but his stock work is way out of wack. Mabye its just me but it looks like there is way to much wood on it.
Cheers, McLean
What happens when you forget to pour the powder in to launch the grenade and the fuse lights and it doesn't leave the barrel?
What happens when you forget to pour the powder in to launch the grenade and the fuse lights and it doesn't leave the barrel?
Apparenttly there were two men who operated these guns way back when. One that loaded the gun and the other that readied the grenade. If it didnt go off they would throw the gun away and duck for cover then pull it back with an attached rope. Although Im unsure as to how functional the gun would be after a grenade went off in the barrel.
Also veteran arms in the states has new made in india ones for $650.00
Cheers, McLean
Have you ever owned one sir ? I have a couple and so do several other people I know. With a bit of work they turn into pretty damn decent guns. There have been no blowups or any sillyness which these guns are apparently famous for. They arent high quality museum grade reproductions, try to look at them more like kits. They will all need work but turn into good shooters. I really quite like the bess I have, some day ill replace it with a pedersoli or a real one but for now this one does just fine.#
Also for the money it is well worth it for someone who doesnt have lots of cash to spend on a pedersoli or a nice kit for a military gun which are upwards of $1000.00 bucks.#
I think you also seem to forget how long they have been building guns in india.#
The british built a gunpowder factory at ishapore in 1787. Then in 1801 they build another factory nearby to facilitate the manufacture of guns and carriages.#
Finally in 1904 they established a lee enfield factory at Ishapore. They built enfields there up into the 1980's. Also they built machine guns and all manner of other military hardware.#
Im pretty sure after that long history that they can manage to turn out muskets.#
That being said if you got a brass barreled one I would pay special attention to the threads for the breech.#
Cheers, McLean#



























