making your own gear /possibles

small leather bag would work ok, or a small tin if you pre lube your mini bullet .
ok ??

Huntsman said:
What do you use to carry your balls?
I was thinking of crafting a small leather bag? I use a Kiwi boot polish can for my Improved Minie's.But I seen a leather bag style for round balls somewhere?
 
gear

Here's the leather ball bag I made last nite,the others are;Sucrets tin to hold my Bal-lets(square),an old Watkins ointment tin(round) to hold my improved Minies.
x4jhig.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Sashes

I have made these Voyageur sashes and leg-ties,also hat bands,
possibles bag straps and powderhorn straps. I am going to try
a sling for a traditional muzzleloader next.
016_16A.jpg

Regards,Jed.
 
my stuff

Hello. I've made... gun cases out of old wool blankets, strike a light pouches, throwing knives (out of old chainsaw bars) throwing tomahawks (old leaf spring for the blade and sched 40 pipe), cast my own round and minnie balls, and some gun stuff like refinishing stocks. I'm working on a Japanese flintlock pistol kit (no touch hole in it) but its going slow.

Steve.
 
Moon Coon or any others, where can a guy get a detailed drawing of that lock to try and copy?? Looks like a good way to keep busy on a long winters night.

I think that I took the general outline of the lock from photos in various books. The rest is more or less basic pieces that you can find sketches in books on muzzle loaders. If you have access to an expanding xerox machine, you can start with a photo of the lock that you want and expand or contract the image until you get the size of lock that is appropriate to the gun you are making and use those images as patterns. Looking at the pistol now, the lock seems a bit oversize the internals clumsy. For some things like hammers and cocks, you are probably better off to buy a blank one from somewhere like Track of the Wolf or Dixie although Dixie has very shipping and handling charges. On the gun I am currently working on, the #### took roughly 6 hours of filing and still does not look as good as a cleaned up rough casting that costs less than $10 plus 1 or 2 hours of cleaning up

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom