making your own gear /possibles

NB.nagantsniper

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
362   0   0
Location
northern nb
ok many black powder shooters are do it yerselfers.............
how many make there own gear?

examples i have made,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are
powder horns
horn cap containers
ball starters
leather cappers
blanket gun cases
blanket coats
ram rods and range rods
x-crossed sticks
patch knifes an sheathes
throwing hawks / knifes
leather sheathes an possible bags
buckskinner clothing an foot wear.
CAST own balls bullets, fer all guns i got,
OK YOUR TURN.............
i figure a post like this may be a good source of ideas.
nuff said
 
I guess for me, knives and locks and stocks and all the other usual stuff.

cheers mooncoon
1700spistolnearfinishb.jpg

Frizzenforginginsideb.jpg
 
making your own gear

I have made leather cappers, possibles bags, rifle cases, sheathes for knives and axes, pouches, for myself and some buddies. It is really cool to make your own gear, it is almost as much fun as shooting .
 
I've made a few things, but also I tend to modify the things I buy. For example, just today I drilled out a Traditions short starter and epoxied half a .45ACP casing into the hole, filed level, to use as a palm-saver with a ramrod :) Also tend to replace buttons with hom-made ones made of deer antler, etc.

It's all good fun :)
 
I made a nice holster for my Antique Wilkinson webley revolver i posted it already but didnt see this post they should sticky this for us guys who like to make stuff :D
Click pic to enlarge.

 
did my own ball starters used a 9mm casing epoxy an pinned on as the tip of the fibre glas short starter rod, moose antler fer the top-handle.

nice holster, i did 1 fer my 44 cap an ball similar /smaller. .
any how to-plans are welcomed as well.
I LIKE TO MODIFY MY GEAR, as well.
newest thing.........made flintlock pan brushes from brass an horse hair, also did a few using carriboo or moos tips with horse hair, looks more home-made.
 
What do you use to carry your balls?
I was thinking of crafting a small leather bag? I use a Kiwi boot polish can for my Improved Minie's.But I seen a leather bag style for round balls somewhere?
 
Back
Top Bottom