Malahat Easter Shoot

mooncoon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
I have just returned from shooting the Malahat Marauders trail which sort of meanders along the top of the rolling hills on the north side of Victoria Fish & Game Club property. Beautiful sunny morning and tremendous view of Finlayson arm. Thought that I would post some photos from the trail. It is a trappers challenge which means that it is shot by teams of 6 and at each target, a card is drawn which spells out how many points you gain or lose and the score is a cumulative score for the team. Also there are a few shots tossed in that are weak arm or sitting /kneeling













 
Black powder and round ball only. the trail cannot be shot from early summer to late fall because it is too dry

Cheers mooncoon

Really, I would not have guessed that.....Has it always been seasonally dry there? I would have thought that it was wetter there. Learned something....
 
Really, I would not have guessed that.....Has it always been seasonally dry there? I would have thought that it was wetter there. Learned something....

Victoria holds their rendezvous at the beginning of August and it is really dry at that time. Even in Nanaimo, which has more rain than Victoria, our trail is borderline at the end of June when we hold our rendezvous. Following the rendezvous, we close our trail until mid September. We keep pumper cans on the rifle trail plus spare water and similar on our pistol trail. The Victoria trail is quite scenic when you make it to the top looking down Finlayson arm (the water photos in my original post). I will admit that as I approach middle age I might have to get some grease nipples installed in my knees :>) :>) ; they may help when walking uphill

cheers mooncoon
 
Always a great trail to shoot-especially getting the hang of shooting lefty when you are right biased. Did it a second time with a .36 cal pistol just for fun and it's much harder to hear the hits at 60 yards.
 
The drive up and over the Malahat is one of my favourite cruises in all of BC. I'm over on the island this weekend and went over and back.

Looks like that was a lot of fun!
 
Back
Top Bottom