Man arrested with three knives and a gun at Oshawa bar

Would the model pictured in the article not be considered an ‘antique’ and not a firearm in the technical sense? I’m pretty ignorant in terms of antiques, but that’s what I would think at first glance.
 
Would the model pictured in the article not be considered an ‘antique’ and not a firearm in the technical sense? I’m pretty ignorant in terms of antiques, but that’s what I would think at first glance.

An antique pistol dies not require registration. It is, however, still a firearm with all other applicable laws relevant.
 
Perhaps it was a stolen derringer one of the charges include possession of a firearm obtained by crime as well as a breach of his peace bond likely also stating he not have firearms....I'm sure this fellow is a pure stand up citizen.... jail em leave the rest of us alone.
 
Or... a misunderstood aquaphobic pirate drowning his sorrows to the best of his abilities after his land yacht & ill tempered parrot were impounded.
 
An antique would look like this:
lossy-page1-1280px-thumbnail.tif.jpg

Rather than
OSHAWA-BAR-GUN-co-DRPS.jpg

Edit: The photo in the news report looked like this:
iu

I'll wager, me hearties. Still concealed and not in a locked container.
 
Last edited:
Expect new laws concerning antiques. No more going out bushwackin' with your old blackpowder Colt SAA.
The gungrabbin' antis's just got a reason to smelter them(not that they needed one).
 
Would the model pictured in the article not be considered an ‘antique’ and not a firearm in the technical sense? I’m pretty ignorant in terms of antiques, but that’s what I would think at first glance.

It was a pistol very similar to this one that ended the political career of the late Mr Lincoln. My experience of shooting a similar antique to this one is that getting killed by one shot from is is as likely an event today as it was back then.
 
Last edited:
He just wanted to spend the night drinking in the tavern and not get "gang pressed" into the RCN to fight in the upcoming second North Korean "police action"............
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom