Marble Arms Model 1908 Game Getter Folding Stock Pistol

StrikerSW

Regular
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Location
Ontario
Hello gentlemen I'm looking to tap into your expertise on this firearm as I have little experience dealing with firearms this old. It belongs to a friend who came to me asking about if it was safe to shoot and my general opinion on it. He obtained the pistol from his brothers estate and the brother apparently shot it at least once each year.

I know this is a Marble Arms Model 1908 Game Getter Folding Stock Pistol and the serial number is below 7000. I have done some research online and looks like its fairly rare and harder to find firearm. What do you think of the bluing, would that be considered 60 percent bluing left? Bluing is certainly not what we see on modern firearms so I'd appreciate some input on its condition from your eyes. This pistol is in .22 cal top and .44 cal on the bottom. rifling on top look ok, and bottom barrel looks smooth. In determining a value what should be considered?

Anyway pictures are below, I am not trying to sell this for him, should he decide to sell I'll get him to join CGN and use our EE. Your combined expertise would be appreciated.






 
I've had these guns, and found them very usable. I still have a 1908 model, and the newer model. both these are crapped out ones. I had a 1908 in near new condition, sold it about 5 yrs back for 900.oo. Back then, it was a bargain I think. Yours is nice, proper tang sight, and the stock hasn't been broken. Many are welded up. The knurled part adjusting the stock angle was a good idea. Your dove tail sight is missing, but is pretty basic I think. (I could look at mine). A nice gun, but don't want to value other people's stuff.
 
A friend of mine has a Marble's Gamegetter in .22/.44 calibre. Prices here are somewhat lower than stateside. A popular trappers gun back in the day but considered restricted now in Canada. If you get $500 for it here you are doing well IMO unless you have the leather case also. In that case maybe another $200 on top of the $500 already mentioned. My 2 cents. Others may disagree.
 
Thanks for replys guys. I intend to pass the info on to my friend. He does have the original holster as well as a new one his brother had made. I did see the prices in the USA which run a lot higher.

Wonder what people think of the bluing condition and any other considerations.
 
You're probably closer to it than anyone here... but 60% fading blue might be accurate. Apart from the missing rear sight, it looks complete.
 
Back
Top Bottom