Markesbery muzzleloader

gunsaholic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
416   0   0
Picked this up a couple of days ago. Before I saw the listing I was unaware of this former maker. A bit of google work and I found some info. It is a Black Bear model with stainless barrel and action, 1:26 twist, walnut stock and uses #11 caps. I read that there was some controversy between Markesbery and Kahnke back in the day. Don't know, don't care. But from looking and handling this muzzleloader, it is very well built and handles very well. The price was right and the seller ended up being only 15 minutes away. He also threw in the scope mounts and rings. So it is now in my collection.
Anyone else have experience with a Markesbery?

 
Nice looking gun ,like the hammer on the rear of the gun kind of reminds me of a remington keene.If I was going to go inline that would be the way I d go.
 
Last edited:
I had a Kahnke in a 54 cal it was my best muzzleloader for deer hunting. The Marksbery bought out or was in partnership with Kahnke way back in the early 1980s .The barrel is held on with one allen head bolt the breach plug had a special tool that you used when cleaning. My rifle loved the loose triple 7 powder and it also loved the Keith nose hollow point conical from Precision Rifle .
 
Back
Top Bottom