Has anybody any idea on the value of a percussion market guns, I only had a quick look at this one. The lock works and the rib is solid on the barrel and barrel on the outside is good, it appears to be about a 6 bore and a very long barrel maybe 50 inches long. The gun has been cleaned and the wood is good with brass butt plate and trigger gaurd. The gun has 2 barrel wedges but not a hooked breech. I think by the looks of the gun it is Birmingham made and just a working gun no name on it. I could not take it apart to look for proof marks
I had a person stop at the shop I work at today in the city to show me and to ask about it. It his hard to look at something in the back of a car since it is so long. I had sold a couple about 10 years ago and they were in the 400 to 600 range but were not as good as this one.
I have not seen any for sale for a while and looking for ball park price for a complete and solid market gun any help is appeciated
John
I had a person stop at the shop I work at today in the city to show me and to ask about it. It his hard to look at something in the back of a car since it is so long. I had sold a couple about 10 years ago and they were in the 400 to 600 range but were not as good as this one.
I have not seen any for sale for a while and looking for ball park price for a complete and solid market gun any help is appeciated
John


















































