Hello all,
I'm looking for some information from the community on a Marlin 1881 I was given from a friend who's Dad had passed away. It came with a box of ammo that has 3 spent cartridges, that appear to be made from necked down 45-70. The gun has a 27 inch octagonal barrel and the bore is shiny with good rifling. The information I was looking for is the calibre (I'm guessing that it's 40-60) and what would be the value of this lever action.
Thanks for any help.
Note. The barrel length is 28 inches as explained later in the post.










I'm looking for some information from the community on a Marlin 1881 I was given from a friend who's Dad had passed away. It came with a box of ammo that has 3 spent cartridges, that appear to be made from necked down 45-70. The gun has a 27 inch octagonal barrel and the bore is shiny with good rifling. The information I was looking for is the calibre (I'm guessing that it's 40-60) and what would be the value of this lever action.
Thanks for any help.
Note. The barrel length is 28 inches as explained later in the post.










Last edited:



















































