Marlin 1893 Lever .30-30

Puma

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A Marlin 1893 has fallen my way. It appears to be an early model 1903 in .30-30 smokeless powder.

It has a half octagonal, half round barrel and half mag.The condition is very good with the exception of a bolted repair on the butt stock and a missing butt plate. Bore is very good to excellent.

I think I found this model listed in Flaydermans Antique American Firearm Guide and it seems to be a Special Lightweight Rifle (5D 033 ) ?

Can someone provide some additional information, and a suggested value ? I think this would be a desirable piece for a collector.

This will be posted on the exchange.

thanks

Puma
 
Last edited:
Hi Puma sent me some pictures as he is having trouble posting. Here they are.

d8ccfc0d7c9748d8ade18be5a6780d9c.jpg

7aae3b5a075765ffa017efdeda774cfd.jpg

85a4b169a0e0c3d335f6d555aba0c868.jpg

2288a755fe65e0a3ccc2a7ff818115fb.jpg

bf745e5d636782536404a797fe0d5f7c.jpg
 
Looks like a decent shape 1893. The half round/half magazine was a special order option but the repaired butt stock hurts any collector value badly. I would say value would be around $600 in my area if the bore is good.
 
Back
Top Bottom