Patrick Gidlet
CGN Regular
- Location
- Thunder Bay
Hey Folks
I just picked up an interesting old rifle. Its a Marlin 1895 in 33 WCF, seems to date to 1913 from what I can find. I've been unable to find any indication of value anywhere.
The seller for some reason had thought it was a 45-70, but when it turned out to be a .33, I bought it anyways, as its in pretty good shape. Good bore, some case coloring left, etc. I like old guns, but I like to shoot them, and I don't reload, so I may pass this one on to a collector, or someone who would appreciate it more than I do. IDEALLY I would love to trade it for a 45-70 of similar vintage.
Can anyone give me an idea of what this would sell for? I'm pretty up on shotgun values, and stuff from the 30s-50s, but this pre-war Marlin area is murky for me.
Cheers!
I just picked up an interesting old rifle. Its a Marlin 1895 in 33 WCF, seems to date to 1913 from what I can find. I've been unable to find any indication of value anywhere.
The seller for some reason had thought it was a 45-70, but when it turned out to be a .33, I bought it anyways, as its in pretty good shape. Good bore, some case coloring left, etc. I like old guns, but I like to shoot them, and I don't reload, so I may pass this one on to a collector, or someone who would appreciate it more than I do. IDEALLY I would love to trade it for a 45-70 of similar vintage.
Can anyone give me an idea of what this would sell for? I'm pretty up on shotgun values, and stuff from the 30s-50s, but this pre-war Marlin area is murky for me.
Cheers!


















































