Marlin MOD43 help

next_of_kin

Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Location
FV, BC
Does anybody in this forum know anything about the Marlin Mod43 12 gage? I posted in the shotguns forum for info but I got no responses. I am going to need some parts, and general information. I am in the lower mainland. Thanks.
 
Thanks for the response Marshall! I have been trying to figure out how to post a pic of the Marlin in question, but haven't had any luck figuring out how to do that.
I am going to be needing the complete tube magazine with pump- this one is completely missing. Also the right side of the action seems to be missing the cover plate- sorry for my lack of proper terminology. I have searched with no luck on the net for pics of the action's mechanisms to see if the gun is missing any of it's internals.
Seems like this is a rare gun on CGN. All my site searches have turned up ZERO hits.
 
The model 43 is a hammerless I am pretty sure.
I am on dial up and havn't posted pictures here,
but some one here may offer to post pictures for you if
you email the pictures to them.
Try western gun parts in Edmonton for parts.
I don't know if this gun would be worth the price of parts,
thou I do have a soft spot for marlins.
 
Yep. This one is hammerless. As far as prices are concerned, I defenitely don't want to start spending lots of money on this gun. It was being tossed out and my mom's husband grabbed it for me. It would be nice to show him I got it put back together. I will have to try WGP but it would be nice to have a diagram so I know what parts I need- internet has very little on the mod 43
 
Found this on the Marlin Forum:

"To tighten up the barrel, you have to loosen the small screw on the band at the back of the barrel where it goes against the receiver. Move the band a little at a time until it tightens up the barrel against the receiver then tighten the small screw.
Be advised that the Marlin Firearms Company as issued a Service Bulletin advising owners of the old pump action shotguns NOT to shoot them. There can be problems that require an overhaul to make them safe to shoot, and then only with light loads. I do not see the problems with the hammerless guns like yours that the hammer guns have, but the hammerless guns were included in the Service Bulletin.
To load the gun, you have to insert the shells in the slot in the bottom of the receiver, ahead of the trigger guard. The shell lifter must be in the up position to get the shells into the magazine tube.
The Model 43 was made from 1922 to 1930 in several variations. The basic Model 43, "A" grade sold for $45.00 in 1922.
I hope this helps."
 
Hey Bushman, thanks for the Marlin-Collectors link and the safety notice. If and when I get the parts to put my Mod 43 together I'll get it checked by a gunsmith before I take it out for a testfire.
Much appreciate all the info.
 
Back
Top Bottom