Marlin pump action rear sight.

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
A bad day.
I recieved a Marlin 32-20 1890 pump action ( Model 27-S) in the mail, opened it up at 5 PM.
Cool carbine, tired but I can make it work.
Carefully rested it across the arms of a kitchen chair and went for coffee.
Came home and was making supper, when daughter managed to knock it off the chair and broke off one side of the rear Buckhorn sight. Whoa, not cool.
Would anyone have a picture of the sight or knowledge as to interchangeablity? Perhaps an alternate plan? Please don't say smart *ss remarks about not leaving my rifles lying about, and my daughter is 16 and hunts too ( not like she is a toddler, clumsy like one, though...) It was awaiting a bore scrubbing after supper.
Just bad luck.
But life goes on, constructive input would be most appreciated though.
Thanks
Tokguy
 
Pretty sure your rifle has a 3/8 dovetail rear sight. This size was used on many rifles of the time such as Marlin, Winchester, and I think, Savage. All should fit. Not sure about Remington. Lyman and others made aftermarket 3/8 dovetail rear sights for many rifles.

Regards
 
That Wild Bill Hickock in the EE actually shows him having a rear site for the 27-S:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...p-Husqvarna-Remington-Marlin-Sights-amp-Parts

Not cheap but one option for ya anyway. Funny I noticed it in there the other day.

Also check out Homestead Parts I get a lot of Winnie stuff from them but they do stock Marlin parts from time to time.

Otherwise, I'd measure your dovetail but I'd also bet it's a 3/8", from other early Marlins I've dealt with/owned.
 
Back
Top Bottom