Martini Creedmoor rifle action help

Sharps45-70

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Location
Edmonton
Hey everyone

I am beginning the process to build a copy of a peabody target rifle using a full size martini henry action. However, I am having a hell of a time trying to find an action that is not part of a complete military rifle, and obviously I don't want to cut down a full gun just to get the action.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I may be able to get a complete Martini action?
 
Elwood Epps has them occasionally, only other options are gunshows.

Perfect find would be a shot out martini enfield that’s been altered to 303 British and the barrel washed out. It’s far more common to find them with ruined bores then not. The breech block has a hardened steel peice dovetailed across the face and has been altered for the more modern small firing pin.
 
I saw one comverted by C.G. bonehill to 22 on ellwood epps, but seems pricey for condition.

Maybe I am being delusional, is $300 too low for a shot out martini or a bare action?
 
I saw one comverted by C.G. bonehill to 22 on ellwood epps, but seems pricey for condition.

Maybe I am being delusional, is $300 too low for a shot out martini or a bare action?

That is the most that I would pay for an action only. Maybe a bit more if I wanted to keep the stock. You might get lucky and stumble over one of the Greener police guns. It would be no great loss if you rebarreled one of those

cheers mooncoon
 
That is the most that I would pay for an action only. Maybe a bit more if I wanted to keep the stock. You might get lucky and stumble over one of the Greener police guns. It would be no great loss if you rebarreled one of those

cheers mooncoon

Good idea. Ill keep an eye out for those. Either that or a shot out military gun
 
there is one in a small gun shop not far from me the bore is poor the wood is not so good as i recall ///its been there a long time///i can give you the ph no if you like it is 25 min nw of kingston ont.....don 613.358.2002
 
Back
Top Bottom