Hey Guys,
I also posted this in the Milsurp forum, but thought you esteemed gentlemen of the antique persuasion might also be able to (better) help me out...
A while back I purchased a Martini-Enfield which was barrel stamped for .303. I never even used it once, it just sat in my safe so I tried to find it a new home. They guy who bought has since told me that he's having difficulty getting a round to chamber because the "ramp is too low" I suggested making sure the lever is fully open and maybe lubricating the firearm a bit. When I sold the firearm I stated that I had never used it myself but I don't want to leave him hanging because I care about doing the right thing. Do you wise CGN members have any advice I could pass on to him?
View attachment 175293.
Thanks
I also posted this in the Milsurp forum, but thought you esteemed gentlemen of the antique persuasion might also be able to (better) help me out...
A while back I purchased a Martini-Enfield which was barrel stamped for .303. I never even used it once, it just sat in my safe so I tried to find it a new home. They guy who bought has since told me that he's having difficulty getting a round to chamber because the "ramp is too low" I suggested making sure the lever is fully open and maybe lubricating the firearm a bit. When I sold the firearm I stated that I had never used it myself but I don't want to leave him hanging because I care about doing the right thing. Do you wise CGN members have any advice I could pass on to him?
View attachment 175293.
Thanks


















































